Monday, August 20, 2012

If thou faint in the day of adversity ...

Daily Light Devotions - August 20, 2012 - Monday Evening

If thou faint in the day of adversity ...

If you faint in the day of adversity, your strength is small. 1 

He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. 2 

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 3 

When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him. 4 

The eternal God is your dwelling place, and underneath are the everlasting arms. And he thrust out the enemy before you and said, 'Destroy.' 5 

Reproaches have broken my heart, so that I am in despair. I looked for pity, but there was none, and for comforters, but I found none. 6 

For every high priest chosen from among men is appointed to act on behalf of men in relation to God, to offer gifts and sacrifices for sins. He can deal gently with the ignorant and wayward, since he himself is beset with weakness. So also Christ did not exalt himself to be made a high priest, but was appointed by him who said to him, "You are my Son, today I have begotten you"; Although he was a son, he learned obedience through what he suffered. And being made perfect, he became the source of eternal salvation to all who obey him, 7 

Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. 8 
______________ 

1. Prov 24:10; 
2. Isa 40:29; 
3. 2 Cor 12:9; 
4. Psa 91:15; 
5. Deut 33:27; 
6. Psa 69:20; 
7. Heb 5:1,2,5,8,9; 
8. Isa 53:4

No comments: