Thursday, August 23, 2012

I have made, and I will bear

Daily Light Devotions - August 23 - Evening

I have made, and I will bear.

even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save. 1 

But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 2 

even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save. 3 

Like an eagle that stirs up its nest, that flutters over its young, spreading out its wings, catching them, bearing them on its pinions, the LORD alone guided him, no foreign god was with him. 4 

In all their affliction he was afflicted, and the angel of his presence saved them; in his love and in his pity he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old. 5 

Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today and forever. 6 

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 7 

"Can a woman forget her nursing child, that she should have no compassion on the son of her womb? Even these may forget, yet I will not forget you. 8 
______________ 

1. Isa 46:4; 
2. Isa 43:1,2; 
3. Isa 46:4; 
4. Deut 32:11,12; 
5. Isa 63:9; 
6. Heb 13:8; 
7. Rom 8:38,39; 
8. Isa 49:15

No comments: