Friday, August 17, 2012

Pray for one another, that ye may be healed

Daily Light Devotions - August 17 - Morning

Pray for one another, that ye may be healed.

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. 1 

Abraham answered and said, "Behold, I have undertaken to speak to the Lord, I who am but dust and ashes. Suppose five of the fifty righteous are lacking. Will you destroy the whole city for lack of five?" And he said, "I will not destroy it if I find forty-five there." 2 

And Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do." And they cast lots to divide his garments. 3 

But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 4 

I am praying for them. I am not praying for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. "I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 5

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 6 

Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working. Elijah was a man with a nature like ours, and he prayed fervently that it might not rain, and for three years and six months it did not rain on the earth. 7 
______________ 

1. James 5:16; 
2. Gen 18:27,28; 
3. Luke 23:34; 
4. Matt 5:44; 
5. John 17:9,20; 
6. Gal 6:2; 
7. James 5:16,17

No comments: