Saturday, August 25, 2012

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD

Daily Light Devotions - August 25 - Evening

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD ...

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 1 

Of David, when he changed his behavior before Abimelech, so that he drove him out, and he went away. I will bless the LORD at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the LORD; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the LORD with me, and let us exalt his name together! 2 

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor. No good thing does he withhold from those who walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the one who trusts in you! 3 

Of David. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and all that is within me, bless his holy name! 4 

Is anyone among you suffering? Let him pray. Is anyone cheerful? Let him sing praise. 5 

And do not get drunk with wine, for that is debauchery, but be filled with the Spirit, addressing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody to the Lord with your heart, giving thanks always and for everything to God the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, 6 

Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God. 7 

About midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God, and the prisoners were listening to them, 8 

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 9
______________ 

1. Isa 61:10; 
2. Psa 34:1-3; 
3. Psa 84:11,12; 
4. Psa 103:1; 
5. James 5:13; 
6. Eph 5:18-20; 
7. Col 3:16; 
8. Acts 16:25; 
9. Phil 4:4

No comments: