Sunday, August 26, 2012

My cup runneth over

Daily Light Devotions - August 26 - Evening

My cup runneth over.

You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; you anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. 1 

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! Oh, fear the LORD, you his saints, for those who fear him have no lack! The young lions suffer want and hunger; but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing. 2 

The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. 3 

The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. 4 

whether Paul or Apollos or Cephas or the world or life or death or the present or the future-- all are yours, 5

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places, 6 

Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 7 

But godliness with contentment is great gain, 8 

And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 9
______________ 

1. Psa 23:5; 
2. Psa 34:8-10; 
3. Lam 3:22,23; 
4. Psa 16:5,6; 
5. 1 Cor 3:22; 
6. Eph 1:3; 
7. Phil 4:11; 
8. 1 Tim 6:6; 
9. Phil 4:19

No comments: