Monday, August 27, 2012

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet

Bagster's Daily Light - August 27 - Morning

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet ...

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path. 1 

With regard to the works of man, by the word of your lips I have avoided the ways of the violent. My steps have held fast to your paths; my feet have not slipped. 2 

When you walk, they will lead you; when you lie down, they will watch over you; and when you awake, they will talk with you. For the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life, 3 

And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, "This is the way, walk in it," when you turn to the right or when you turn to the left. 4 

Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." 5 

And we have the prophetic word more fully confirmed, to which you will do well to pay attention as to a lamp shining in a dark place, until the day dawns and the morning star rises in your hearts, 6 

For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known. 7 

And night will be no more. They will need no light of lamp or sun, for the Lord God will be their light, and they will reign forever and ever. 8 
______________ 

1. Psa 119:105; 
2. Psa 17:4,5; 
3. Prov 6:22,23; 
4. Isa 30:21; 
5. John 8:12; 
6. 2 Pet 1:19; 
7. 1 Cor 13:12; 
8. Rev 22:5

No comments: