Wednesday, August 15, 2012

I will ... speak comfortably unto her

Daily Light Devotions - August 15 - Evening

I will ... speak comfortably unto her.

"Therefore, behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wilderness, and speak tenderly to her. 1

Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you, and I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to me, says the Lord Almighty." 2 

Since we have these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from every defilement of body and spirit, bringing holiness to completion in the fear of God. 3 

So Jesus also suffered outside the gate in order to sanctify the people through his own blood. Therefore let us go to him outside the camp and bear the reproach he endured. 4 

And he said to them, "Come away by yourselves to a desolate place and rest a while." For many were coming and going, and they had no leisure even to eat. 5 

A Psalm of David. The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul. He leads me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. 6 
______________ 

1. Hos 2:14; 
2. 2 Cor 6:17,18; 
3. 2 Cor 7:1; 
4. Heb 13:12,13; 
5. Mark 6:31; 
6. Psa 23:1-3

No comments: