Thursday, August 9, 2012

Thou art all fair, my love

Daily Light Devotions - August 9 - Morning

Thou art all fair, my love ...

You are altogether beautiful, my love; there is no flaw in you. 1 

Why will you still be struck down? Why will you continue to rebel? The whole head is sick, and the whole heart faint. From the sole of the foot even to the head, there is no soundness in it, but bruises and sores and raw wounds; they are not pressed out or bound up or softened with oil. 2 

We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. 3 

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 4 

And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God. 5 

All glorious is the princess in her chamber, with robes interwoven with gold. 6 

And your renown went forth among the nations because of your beauty, for it was perfect through the splendor that I had bestowed on you, declares the Lord GOD. 7 

Let the favor of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands upon us; yes, establish the work of our hands! 8 

I said to him, "Sir, you know." And he said to me, "These are the ones coming out of the great tribulation. They have washed their robes and made them white in the blood of the Lamb. 9 

so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish. 10 

and you have been filled in him, who is the head of all rule and authority. 11 
______________ 

1. Song of Solomon 4:7; 
2. Isa 1:5,6; 
3. Isa 64:6; 
4. Rom 7:18; 
5. 1 Cor 6:11; 
6. Psa 45:13; 
7. Ezek 16:14; 
8. Psa 90:17; 
9. Rev 7:14; 
10. Eph 5:27; 
11. Col 2:10

No comments: