Saturday, August 25, 2012

Look unto the rock whence ye are hewn

Daily Light Devotions - August 25 - Morning

Look unto the rock whence ye are hewn ...

"Listen to me, you who pursue righteousness, you who seek the LORD: look to the rock from which you were hewn, and to the quarry from which you were dug. 1 

Behold, I was brought forth in iniquity, and in sin did my mother conceive me. 2 

No eye pitied you, to do any of these things to you out of compassion for you, but you were cast out on the open field, for you were abhorred, on the day that you were born. "And when I passed by you and saw you wallowing in your blood, I said to you in your blood, 'Live!' I said to you in your blood, 'Live!' 3 

He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. He put a new song in my mouth, a song of praise to our God. Many will see and fear, and put their trust in the LORD. 4 

For while we were still weak, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will scarcely die for a righteous person-- though perhaps for a good person one would dare even to die-- but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 5 

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ-- by grace you have been saved-- 6 
______________ 

1. Isa 51:1; 
2. Psa 51:5; 
3. Eze 16:5,6; 
4. Psa 40:2,3; 
5. Rom 5:6-8; 
6. Eph 2:4,5

No comments: