Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The joy of the LORD is your strength

Daily Light Devotions - August 14 - Morning

The joy of the LORD is your strength.

Then he said to them, "Go your way. Eat the fat and drink sweet wine and send portions to anyone who has nothing ready, for this day is holy to our Lord. And do not be grieved, for the joy of the LORD is your strength." 1 

Sing for joy, O heavens, and exult, O earth; break forth, O mountains, into singing! For the LORD has comforted his people and will have compassion on his afflicted. 2 

"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation." 3 

The LORD is my strength and my shield; in him my heart trusts, and I am helped; my heart exults, and with my song I give thanks to him. 4 

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 5 

In Christ Jesus, then, I have reason to be proud of my work for God. 6 

More than that, we also rejoice in God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have now received reconciliation. 7 

yet I will rejoice in the LORD; I will take joy in the God of my salvation. 8 
______________ 

1. Neh 8:10; 
2. Isa 49:13; 
3. Isa 12:2; 
4. Psa 28:7; 
5. Isa 61:10; 
6. Rom 15:17; 
7. Rom 5:11; 
8. Hab 3:18

No comments: