Monday, September 17, 2012

A bruised reed he shall not break

Daily Light Devotions - September 17 - Morning

A bruised reed he shall not break.

a bruised reed he will not break, and a smoldering wick he will not quench, until he brings justice to victory; 1 

The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and contrite heart, O God, you will not despise. 2 

He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds. 3 

For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. For I will not contend forever, nor will I always be angry; for the spirit would grow faint before me, and the breath of life that I made. 4 

I will seek the lost, and I will bring back the strayed, and I will bind up the injured, and I will strengthen the weak, and the fat and the strong I will destroy. I will feed them in justice. 5 

Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees, and make straight paths for your feet, so that what is lame may not be put out of joint but rather be healed. 6 

Say to those who have an anxious heart, "Be strong; fear not! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God. He will come and save you." 7 
______________ 

1. Matt 12:20; 
2. Psa 51:17; 
3. Psa 147:3; 
4. Isa 57:15,16; 
5. Ezek 34:16; 
6. Heb 12:12,13; 
7. Isa 35:4

No comments: