Friday, September 7, 2012

I am poor and needy

Daily Light Devotions - September 7 - Evening

I am poor and needy ...

As for me, I am poor and needy, but the Lord takes thought for me. You are my help and my deliverer; do not delay, O my God! 1 

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 2 

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. 3 

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you. 4 

How great are your works, O LORD! Your thoughts are very deep! 5 

You have multiplied, O LORD my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. 6 

For consider your calling, brothers: not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth. 7 

Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him? 8 

as sorrowful, yet always rejoicing; as poor, yet making many rich; as having nothing, yet possessing everything. 9 

To me, though I am the very least of all the saints, this grace was given, to preach to the Gentiles the unsearchable riches of Christ, 10 
______________ 

1. Psa 40:17; 
2. Jer 29:11; 
3. Isa 55:8,9; 
4. Psa 139:17,18; 
5. Psa 92:5; 
6. Psa 40:5; 
7. 1 Cor 1:26; 
8. James 2:5; 
9. 2 Cor 6:10; 
10. Eph 3:8

No comments: