Saturday, September 8, 2012

Thou are weighed in the balances

Daily Light Devotions - September 8 - Morning

Thou are weighed in the balances, ...

TEKEL, you have been weighed in the balances and found wanting; 1 

Talk no more so very proudly, let not arrogance come from your mouth; for the LORD is a God of knowledge, and by him actions are weighed. 2 

And he said to them, "You are those who justify yourselves before men, but God knows your hearts. For what is exalted among men is an abomination in the sight of God. 3 

But the LORD said to Samuel, "Do not look on his appearance or on the height of his stature, because I have rejected him. For the LORD sees not as man sees: man looks on the outward appearance, but the LORD looks on the heart." 4 

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. 5 

For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what shall a man give in return for his soul? 6 

But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. 7 

Behold, you delight in truth in the inward being, and you teach me wisdom in the secret heart. 8 

You have tried my heart, you have visited me by night, you have tested me, and you will find nothing; I have purposed that my mouth will not transgress. 9 
______________ 

1. Dan 5:27; 
2. 1 Sam 2:3; 
3. Luke 16:15; 
4. 1 Sam 16:7; 
5. Gal 6:7,8; 
6. Matt 16:26; 
7. Phil 3:7; 
8. Psa 51:6; 
9. Psa 17:3

No comments: