Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Open thou mine eyes

Daily Light Devotions - September 18 - Morning

Open thou mine eyes ...

Open my eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of your law. 1 

Then he opened their minds to understand the Scriptures, 2 

And he answered them, "To you it has been given to know the secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given. 3 

At that time Jesus declared, "I thank you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that you have hidden these things from the wise and understanding and revealed them to little children; yes, Father, for such was your gracious will. 4 

Now we have received not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 5 

How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! If I would count them, they are more than the sand. I awake, and I am still with you. 6 

Oh, the depth of the riches and wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are his judgments and how inscrutable his ways! "For who has known the mind of the Lord, or who has been his counselor?" For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen. 7 
______________ 

1. Psa 119:18; 
2. Luke 24:45; 
3. Matt 13:11; 
4. Matt 11:25,26; 
5. 1 Cor 2:12; 
6. Psa 139:17,18; 
7. Rom 11:33,34,36

No comments: