Sunday, September 16, 2012

The LORD pondereth the hearts

Daily Light Devotions - September 16 - Morning

The LORD pondereth the hearts.

Every way of a man is right in his own eyes, but the LORD weighs the heart. 1 

for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. 2 

and he said to Korah and all his company, "In the morning the LORD will show who is his, and who is holy, and will bring him near to him. The one whom he chooses he will bring near to him. 3 

so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. 4 

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! 5 

There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love. 6 

O Lord, all my longing is before you; my sighing is not hidden from you. 7 

When my spirit faints within me, you know my way! In the path where I walk they have hidden a trap for me. 8 

And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. 9 

But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." 10
______________ 

1. Prov 21:2; 
2. Psa 1:6; 
3. Num 16:5; 
4. Matt 6:4; 
5. Psa 139:23,24; 
6. 1 John 4:18; 
7. Psa 38:9; 
8. Psa 142:3; 
9. Rom 8:27; 
10. 2 Tim 2:19

No comments: