Thursday, September 20, 2012

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom

Daily Light Devotions - September 20 - Morning

Happy is the man that findeth wisdom ...

Blessed is the one who finds wisdom, and the one who gets understanding, 1 

For whoever finds me finds life and obtains favor from the LORD, 2 

Thus says the LORD: "Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the LORD who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the LORD." 3 

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight. 4 

But whatever gain I had, I counted as loss for the sake of Christ. Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ 5 

in whom are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. 6 

I have counsel and sound wisdom; I have insight; I have strength. 7 

And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption, 8 

The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life, and whoever captures souls is wise. 9 
______________ 

1. Prov 3:13; 
2. Prov 8:35; 
3. Jer 9:23,24; 
4. Prov 9:10; 
5. Phil 3:7,8; 
6. Col 2:3; 
7. Prov 8:14; 
8. 1 Cor 1:30; 
9. Prov 11:30

No comments: