Thursday, September 27, 2012

Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God

Daily Light Devotions - September 27 - Morning

Humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God...

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 1

Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the LORD; be assured, he will not go unpunished. 2

But now, O LORD, you are our Father; we are the clay, and you are our potter; we are all the work of your hand. Be not so terribly angry, O LORD, and remember not iniquity forever. Behold, please look, we are all your people. 3 

I have heard Ephraim grieving, 'You have disciplined me, and I was disciplined, like an untrained calf; bring me back that I may be restored, for you are the LORD my God. For after I had turned away, I relented, and after I was instructed, I struck my thigh; I was ashamed, and I was confounded, because I bore the disgrace of my youth.' 4 

It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth. 5 

For affliction does not come from the dust, nor does trouble sprout from the ground, but man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward. 6 
______________ 

1. 1 Pet 5:6; 
2. Prov 16:5; 
3. Isa 64:8,9; 
4. Jer 31:18,19; 
5. Lam 3:27; 
6. Job 5:6,7

No comments: