Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The LORD taketh my part

Daily Light Devotions - September 12 - Evening

The LORD taketh my part.

The LORD is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me. 1 

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. May the LORD answer you in the day of trouble! May the name of the God of Jacob protect you! May he send you help from the sanctuary and give you support from Zion! May we shout for joy over your salvation, and in the name of our God set up our banners! May the LORD fulfill all your petitions! Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright. 2 

So they shall fear the name of the LORD from the west, and his glory from the rising of the sun; for he will come like a rushing stream, which the wind of the LORD drives. 3 

No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it. 4 

What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? 5 

The LORD is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? 6 

If this be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of your hand, O king. 7 
______________ 

1. Psa 118:7; 
2. Psa 20:1,2,5,7,8; 
3. Isa 59:19; 
4. 1 Cor 10:13; 
5. Rom 8:31; 
6. Psa 118:6; 
7. Dan 3:17

No comments: