Monday, September 10, 2012

They that wait upon the LORD

Daily Light Devotions - September 10 - Evening

They that wait upon the LORD ...

but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint. 1 

For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 

And now the LORD says, he who formed me from the womb to be his servant, to bring Jacob back to him; and that Israel might be gathered to him-- for I am honored in the eyes of the LORD, and my God has become my strength-- 3 

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 4 

Or let them lay hold of my protection, let them make peace with me, let them make peace with me." 5 

Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. 6

yet his bow remained unmoved; his arms were made agile by the hands of the Mighty One of Jacob (from there is the Shepherd, the Stone of Israel), 7 

Then he said, "Let me go, for the day has broken." But Jacob said, "I will not let you go unless you bless me." 8 

Then David said to the Philistine, "You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 9 

Of David. Contend, O LORD, with those who contend with me; fight against those who fight against me! Take hold of shield and buckler and rise for my help! 10 
______________ 

1. Isa 40:31; 
2. 2 Cor 12:10; 
3. Isa 49:5; 
4. 2 Cor 12:9; 
5. Isa 27:5; 
6. Psa 55:22; 
7. Gen 49:24; 
8. Gen 32:26; 
9. 1 Sam 17:45; 
10. Psa 35:1,2

No comments: