Monday, September 24, 2012

It is good for me to draw near to God

Daily Light Devotions - September 24 - Morning

It is good for me to draw near to God.

But for me it is good to be near God; I have made the Lord GOD my refuge, that I may tell of all your works. 1 

O LORD, I love the habitation of your house and the place where your glory dwells. 2 

For a day in your courts is better than a thousand elsewhere. I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of wickedness. 3 

Blessed is the one you choose and bring near, to dwell in your courts! We shall be satisfied with the goodness of your house, the holiness of your temple! 4 

The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him. 5 

Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him. 6 

Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water. 7 
______________ 

1. Psa 73:28; 
2. Psa 26:8; 
3. Psa 84:10; 
4. Psa 65:4; 
5. Lam 3:25; 
6. Isa 30:18; 
7. Heb 10:19,20,22

No comments: