Monday, September 17, 2012

O taste and see that the LORD is good

Daily Light Devotions - September 17 - Evening

O taste and see that the LORD is good ...

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! 1 

When the master of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom and said to him, "Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now." 2 

for the ear tests words as the palate tastes food. 3 

Since we have the same spirit of faith according to what has been written, "I believed, and so I spoke," we also believe, and so we also speak, 4 

which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 5 

As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. 6 

Or do you presume on the riches of his kindness and forbearance and patience, not knowing that God's kindness is meant to lead you to repentance? 7 

He who did not spare his own Son but gave him up for us all, how will he not also with him graciously give us all things? 8 

Like newborn infants, long for the pure spiritual milk, that by it you may grow up into salvation-- if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. 9 

But let all who take refuge in you rejoice; let them ever sing for joy, and spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may exult in you. 10 
______________ 

1. Psa 34:8; 
2. John 2:9,10; 
3. Job 34:3; 
4. 2 Cor 4:13; 
5. 2 Tim 1:12; 
6. Song of Solomon 2:3; 
7. Rom 2:4; 
8. Rom 8:32; 
9. 1 Pet 2:2,3; 
10. Psa 5:11

No comments: