Monday, September 24, 2012

Ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ

Daily Light Devotions - September 24 - Evening

Ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.

For you know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that though he was rich, yet for your sake he became poor, so that you by his poverty might become rich. 1 

And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we have seen his glory, glory as of the only Son from the Father, full of grace and truth. 2 

You are the most handsome of the sons of men; grace is poured upon your lips; therefore God has blessed you forever. 3 

And all spoke well of him and marveled at the gracious words that were coming from his mouth. And they said, "Is not this Joseph's son?" 4 

if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. 5 

Whoever believes in the Son of God has the testimony in himself. Whoever does not believe God has made him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has borne concerning his Son. 6 

Truly, truly, I say to you, we speak of what we know, and bear witness to what we have seen, but you do not receive our testimony. 7 

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him! 8 

As an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men. With great delight I sat in his shadow, and his fruit was sweet to my taste. 9 

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 

But grace was given to each one of us according to the measure of Christ's gift. 11 

As each has received a gift, use it to serve one another, as good stewards of God's varied grace: 12
______________ 

1. 2 Cor 8:9; 
2. John 1:14; 
3. Psa 45:2; 
4. Luke 4:22; 
5. 1 Pet 2:3; 
6. 1 John 5:10; 
7. John 3:11; 
8. Psa 34:8; 
9. Song of Solomon 2:3; 
10. 2 Cor 12:9; 
11. Eph 4:7; 
12. 1 Pet 4:10

No comments: