Sunday, September 9, 2012

My steps had well nigh slipped

Daily Light Devotions - September 9 - Evening

... My steps had well nigh slipped.

But as for me, my feet had almost stumbled, my steps had nearly slipped. 1

When I thought, "My foot slips," your steadfast love, O LORD, held me up. 2 

"Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers." 3 

for the righteous falls seven times and rises again, but the wicked stumble in times of calamity. 4 

though he fall, he shall not be cast headlong, for the LORD upholds his hand. 5 

Rejoice not over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me. 6 

He will deliver you from six troubles; in seven no evil shall touch you. 7 

My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous. 8 

Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 9 
______________ 

1. Psa 73:2; 
2. Psa 94:18; 
3. Luke 22:31,32; 
4. Prov 24:16; 
5. Psa 37:24; 
6. Micah 7:8; 
7. Job 5:19; 
8. 1 John 2:1;
9. Heb 7:25

No comments: