Wednesday, September 12, 2012

I have seen his ways, and will heal him

Daily Light Devotions - September 12 - Morning

I have seen his ways, and will heal him.

I have seen his ways, but I will heal him; I will lead him and restore comfort to him and his mourners, 1

saying, "If you will diligently listen to the voice of the LORD your God, and do that which is right in his eyes, and give ear to his commandments and keep all his statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you that I put on the Egyptians, for I am the LORD, your healer." 2 

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. O LORD, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. 3 

You have set our iniquities before you, our secret sins in the light of your presence. 4 

And no creature is hidden from his sight, but all are naked and exposed to the eyes of him to whom we must give account. 5 

"Come now, let us reason together, says the LORD: though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red like crimson, they shall become like wool. 6 

and he is merciful to him, and says, 'Deliver him from going down into the pit; I have found a ransom; 7 

But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed. 8 

The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me, because the LORD has anointed me to bring good news to the poor; he has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to those who are bound; 9 

And he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has made you well; go in peace, and be healed of your disease." 10
______________ 

1. Isa 57:18; 
2. Exo 15:26; 
3. Psa 139:1-3; 
4. Psa 90:8; 
5. Heb 4:13; 
6. Isa 1:18; 
7. Job 33:24; 
8. Isa 53:5; 
9. Isa 61:1; 
10. Mark 5:34

No comments: