Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Oh that thou wouldest keep me from evil

Bagster's Daily Light - February 2 - Morning

Oh that thou wouldest keep me from evil.

Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!" And God granted what he asked. 1

and he said to them, "Why are you sleeping? Rise and pray that you may not enter into temptation." 2

Watch and pray that you may not enter into temptation. The spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." 3

Two things I ask of you; deny them not to me before I die: Remove far from me falsehood and lying; give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with the food that is needful for me, lest I be full and deny you and say, "Who is the LORD?" or lest I be poor and steal and profane the name of my God. 4

The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. 5

I will deliver you out of the hand of the wicked, and redeem you from the grasp of the ruthless." 6

We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him. 7

Because you have kept my word about patient endurance, I will keep you from the hour of trial that is coming on the whole world, to try those who dwell on the earth. 8

then the Lord knows how to rescue the godly from trials, and to keep the unrighteous under punishment until the day of judgment, 9
______________

1 1 Chron 4:10;
2 Luke 22:46;
3 Matt 26:41;
4 Prov 30:7-9;
5 Psa 121:7;
6 Jer 15:21;
7 1 John 5:18;
8 Rev 3:10;
9 2 Pet 2:9

No comments: