Saturday, August 4, 2012

He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out

Daily Light Devotions - August 4 - Evening

He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out...

He sent from on high, he took me; he drew me out of many waters. 1 

He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. 2 

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience-- among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. 3 

To the choirmaster: with stringed instruments. Of David. Hear my cry, O God, listen to my prayer; from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, 4 

saying, "I called out to the LORD, out of my distress, and he answered me; out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and you heard my voice. For you cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, and the flood surrounded me; all your waves and your billows passed over me. 5 

you let men ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water; yet you have brought us out to a place of abundance. 6 

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. 7 
______________ 

1. Psa 18:16; 
2. Psa 40:2; 
3. Eph 2:1-3; 
4. Psa 61:1,2; 
5. Jonah 2:2,3; 
6. Psa 66:12; 
7. Isa 43:2

No comments: