Thursday, August 2, 2012

I have trodden the winepress alone

Daily Light Devotions - August 2 - Evening

I have trodden the winepress alone.

"I have trodden the winepress alone, and from the peoples no one was with me; I trod them in my anger and trampled them in my wrath; their lifeblood spattered on my garments, and stained all my apparel. 1 

"Who is like you, O LORD, among the gods? Who is like you, majestic in holiness, awesome in glorious deeds, doing wonders? 2 

He saw that there was no man, and wondered that there was no one to intercede; then his own arm brought him salvation, and his righteousness upheld him. 3 

He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, that we might die to sin and live to righteousness. By his wounds you have been healed. 4 

Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us--for it is written, "Cursed is everyone who is hanged on a tree"-- 5 

A Psalm. Oh sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things! His right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him. 6 

He disarmed the rulers and authorities and put them to open shame, by triumphing over them in him. 7

Out of the anguish of his soul he shall see and be satisfied; by his knowledge shall the righteous one, my servant, make many to be accounted righteous, and he shall bear their iniquities. 8 

The torrent Kishon swept them away, the ancient torrent, the torrent Kishon. March on, my soul, with might! 9 

No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 10 

And they have conquered him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, for they loved not their lives even unto death. 11 
______________ 

1. Isa 63:3; 
2. Exo 15:11; 
3. Isa 59:16; 
4. 1 Pet 2:24; 
5. Gal 3:13; 
6. Psa 98:1; 
7. Col 2:15; 
8. Isa 53:11;
9. Judg 5:21; 
10. Rom 8:37; 
11. Rev 12:11

No comments: