Wednesday, July 18, 2012

He calleth his own sheep by name

Daily Light Devotions - July 18 - Morning

He calleth his own sheep by name ...

To him the gatekeeper opens. The sheep hear his voice, and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 1 

But God's firm foundation stands, bearing this seal: "The Lord knows those who are his," and, "Let everyone who names the name of the Lord depart from iniquity." 2 

On that day many will say to me, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?' And then will I declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from me, you workers of lawlessness.' 3 

for the LORD knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked will perish. 4 

Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are continually before me. 5 

Set me as a seal upon your heart, as a seal upon your arm, for love is strong as death, jealousy is fierce as the grave. Its flashes are flashes of fire, the very flame of the LORD. 6 

The LORD is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; he knows those who take refuge in him. 7 

In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. 8 
______________ 

1. John 10:3; 
2. 2 Tim 2:19; 
3. Matt 7:22,23; 
4. Psa 1:6; 
5. Isa 49:16; 
6. Song of Solomon 8:6; 
7. Nah 1:7; 
8. John 14:2,3

No comments: