Friday, July 13, 2012

I am my Beloved's

Daily Light Devotions - July 13 - Morning

I am my Beloved's ...

I am my beloved's, and his desire is for me. 1 

which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 2 

For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord. 3 

While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled. 4 

For the LORD takes pleasure in his people; he adorns the humble with salvation. 5 

rejoicing in his inhabited world and delighting in the children of man. 6 

But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, 7 

Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. 8 

for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 9 

For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord. So then, whether we live or whether we die, we are the Lord's. 10 
______________ 

1. Song of Solomon 7:10; 
2. 2 Tim 1:12; 
3. Rom 8:38,39; 
4. John 17:12; 
5. Psa 149:4; 
6. Prov 8:31; 
7. Eph 2:4; 
8. John 15:13; 
9. 1 Cor 6:20; 
10. Rom 14:8

No comments: