Sunday, July 15, 2012

Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven

Daily Light Devotions - July 15 - Morning

Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.

Your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. 1 

Bless the LORD, O you his angels, you mighty ones who do his word, obeying the voice of his word! Bless the LORD, all his hosts, his ministers, who do his will! 2 

For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. 3 

I delight to do your will, O my God; your law is within my heart." 4 

Again, for the second time, he went away and prayed, "My Father, if this cannot pass unless I drink it, your will be done." 5 

"Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 6 

For it is not the hearers of the law who are righteous before God, but the doers of the law who will be justified. 7 

If you know these things, blessed are you if you do them. 8 

So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin. 9 

Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. 10
______________ 

1. Matt 6:10; 
2. Psa 103:20,21; 
3. John 6:38; 
4. Psa 40:8; 
5. Matt 26:42; 
6. Matt 7:21; 
7. Rom 2:13; 
8. John 13:17; 
9. James 4:17; 
10. Rom 12:2

No comments: