Monday, July 9, 2012

I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee

Daily Light Devotions - July 9 - Morning

I have caused thine iniquity to pass from thee ...

And the angel said to those who were standing before him, "Remove the filthy garments from him." And to him he said, "Behold, I have taken your iniquity away from you, and I will clothe you with pure vestments." 1 

A Maskil of David. Blessed is the one whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered. 2 

We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. 3 

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 4 

For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. 5 

Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator. 6 

and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith-- 7 

But the father said to his servants, 'Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. 8 

it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure"-- for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. 9 

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 10
______________ 

1. Zec 3:4; 
2. Psa 32:1; 
3. Isa 64:6; 
4. Rom 7:18; 
5. Gal 3:27; 
6. Col 3:9,10; 
7. Phil 3:9; 
8. Luke 15:22; 
9. Rev 19:8; 
10. Isa 61:10

No comments: