Wednesday, July 11, 2012

He satisfieth the longing soul

Daily Light Devotions - July 11 - Evening

He satisfieth the longing soul ...

For he satisfies the longing soul, and the hungry soul he fills with good things. 1 

if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is good. 2 

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary, beholding your power and glory. 3 

My soul longs, yes, faints for the courts of the LORD; my heart and flesh sing for joy to the living God. 4 

I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. 5

As for me, I shall behold your face in righteousness; when I awake, I shall be satisfied with your likeness. 6 

They shall hunger no more, neither thirst anymore; the sun shall not strike them, nor any scorching heat. For the Lamb in the midst of the throne will be their shepherd, and he will guide them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes." 7 

They feast on the abundance of your house, and you give them drink from the river of your delights. 8

I will feast the soul of the priests with abundance, and my people shall be satisfied with my goodness, declares the LORD." 9 
______________ 

1. Psa 107:9; 
2. 1 Pet 2:3; 
3. Psa 63:1,2; 
4. Psa 84:2; 
5. Phil 1:23; 
6. Psa 17:15; 
7. Rev 7:16,17; 
8. Psa 36:8; 
9. Jer 31:14

No comments: