Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My son, give me thine heart

Daily Light Devotions - July 10 - Evening

My son, give me thine heart.

My son, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways. 1 

Oh that they had such a heart as this always, to fear me and to keep all my commandments, that it might go well with them and with their descendants forever! 2 

You have neither part nor lot in this matter, for your heart is not right before God. 3 

For the mind that is set on the flesh is hostile to God, for it does not submit to God's law; indeed, it cannot. Those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 4 

and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us. 5 

And every work that he undertook in the service of the house of God and in accordance with the law and the commandments, seeking his God, he did with all his heart, and prospered. 6 

Keep your heart with all vigilance, for from it flow the springs of life. 7 

Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, 8 

not by the way of eye-service, as people-pleasers, but as bondservants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart, rendering service with a good will as to the Lord and not to man, 9 

I will run in the way of your commandments when you enlarge my heart! 10
______________ 

1. Prov 23:26; 
2. Deut 5:29; 
3. Acts 8:21; 
4. Rom 8:7,8; 
5. 2 Cor 8:5; 
6. 2 Chron 31:21; 
7. Prov 4:23; 
8. Col 3:23; 
9. Eph 6:6,7; 
10. Psa 119:32

No comments: