Sunday, July 22, 2012

Keep yourselves in the love of God

Daily Light Devotions - July 22 - Evening

Keep yourselves in the love of God.

keep yourselves in the love of God, waiting for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ that leads to eternal life. 1 

Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 2 

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 3 

By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 4 

but whoever keeps his word, in him truly the love of God is perfected. By this we may know that we are in him: 5 

"This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. 6 

but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 7 

So we have come to know and to believe the love that God has for us. God is love, and whoever abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him. 8 
______________ 

1. Jude 1:21; 
2. John 15:4,5; 
3. Gal 5:22; 
4. John 15:8-10; 
5. 1 John 2:5; 
6. John 15:12; 
7. Rom 5:8; 
8. 1 John 4:16

No comments: