Saturday, July 14, 2012

I trust I shall shortly see thee

Daily Light Devotions - July 14 - Evening

I trust I shall shortly see thee ...

I hope to see you soon, and we will talk face to face. Peace be to you. The friends greet you. Greet the friends, each by name. 1 

We have become like those over whom you have never ruled, like those who are not called by your name. Oh that you would rend the heavens and come down, that the mountains might quake at your presence-- 2 

To the choirmaster. A Maskil of the Sons of Korah. As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? 3 

Make haste, my beloved, and be like a gazelle or a young stag on the mountains of spices. 4 

But our citizenship is in heaven, and from it we await a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, 5 

waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, 6

Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by command of God our Savior and of Christ Jesus our hope, 7

Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, 8 

He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming soon." Amen. Come, Lord Jesus! 9 

It will be said on that day, "Behold, this is our God; we have waited for him, that he might save us. This is the LORD; we have waited for him; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation." 10
______________ 

1. 3 John 1:14; 
2. Isa 64:1; 
3. Psa 42:1,2; 
4. Song of Solomon 8:14; 
5. Phil 3:20; 
6. Tit 2:13; 
7. 1 Tim 1:1; 
8. 1 Pet 1:8; 
9. Rev 22:20; 
10. Isa 25:9

No comments: