Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Patient in tribulation

Daily Light Devotions - July 24 - Morning

Patient in tribulation.

Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 1 

So Samuel told him everything and hid nothing from him. And he said, "It is the LORD. Let him do what seems good to him." 2 

Though I am in the right, I cannot answer him; I must appeal for mercy to my accuser. 3 

And he said, "Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The LORD gave, and the LORD has taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD." 4 

But he said to her, "You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?" In all this Job did not sin with his lips. 5 

Jesus wept. 6 

He was despised and rejected by men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief; and as one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet we esteemed him stricken, smitten by God, and afflicted. 7 

For the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and chastises every son whom he receives." For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. 8 

May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, 9 

I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." 10 
______________ 

1. Rom 12:12; 
2. 1 Sam 3:18; 
3. Job 9:15; 
4. Job 1:21; 
5. Job 2:10; 
6. John 11:35; 
7. Isa 53:3,4; 
8. Heb 12:6,11; 
9. Col 1:11; 
10. John 16:33;

No comments: