Sunday, July 8, 2012

If we confess our sins ...

Daily Light Devotions - July 8 - Morning

If we confess our sins ...

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 

For I know my transgressions, and my sin is ever before me. Against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight, so that you may be justified in your words and blameless in your judgment. 2 

And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. 3 

I have blotted out your transgressions like a cloud and your sins like mist; return to me, for I have redeemed you. 4 

I am writing to you, little children, because your sins are forgiven for his name's sake. 5 

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you. 6 

whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. 7 

I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you shall be clean from all your uncleannesses, and from all your idols I will cleanse you. 8 

Yet you have still a few names in Sardis, people who have not soiled their garments, and they will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 9 

This is he who came by water and blood--Jesus Christ; not by the water only but by the water and the blood. And the Spirit is the one who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 10
______________ 

1. 1 John 1:9; 
2. Psa 51:3,4; 
3. Luke 15:20; 
4. Isa 44:22; 
5. 1 John 2:12; 
6. Eph 4:32; 
7. Rom 3:26; 
8. Eze 36:25; 
9. Rev 3:4; 
10. 1 John 5:6

No comments: