Wednesday, January 12, 2011

When shall I arise, and the night be gone?

Bagster's Daily Light - January 12 - Evening

When shall I arise, and the night be gone?

When I lie down I say, 'When shall I arise?' But the night is long, and I am full of tossing till the dawn. 1

The oracle concerning Dumah. One is calling to me from Seir, "Watchman, what time of the night? Watchman, what time of the night?" The watchman says: "Morning comes, and also the night. If you will inquire, inquire; come back again." 2

For, "Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; 3

he dawns on them like the morning light, like the sun shining forth on a cloudless morning, like rain that makes grass to sprout from the earth. 4

In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid. You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 5

"So may all your enemies perish, O LORD! But your friends be like the sun as he rises in his might." And the land had rest for forty years. 6

For you are all children of light, children of the day. We are not of the night or of the darkness. 7

and its gates will never be shut by day--and there will be no night there. 8
______________

1 Job 7:4;
2 Isa 21:11,12;
3 Heb 10:37;
4 2 Sam 23:4;
5 John 14:2,3,27,28;
6 Judg 5:31;
7 1 Thess 5:5;
8 Rev 21:25

No comments: