Saturday, January 22, 2011

Hope maketh not ashamed

Bagster's Daily Light - January 23 - Morning

Hope maketh not ashamed.

and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. 1

Kings shall be your foster fathers, and their queens your nursing mothers. With their faces to the ground they shall bow down to you, and lick the dust of your feet. Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who wait for me shall not be put to shame." 2

"Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, whose trust is the LORD. 3

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the LORD forever, for the LORD GOD is an everlasting rock. 4

For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He only is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. 5

which is why I suffer as I do. But I am not ashamed, for I know whom I have believed, and I am convinced that he is able to guard until that Day what has been entrusted to me. 6

So when God desired to show more convincingly to the heirs of the promise the unchangeable character of his purpose, he guaranteed it with an oath, so that by two unchangeable things, in which it is impossible for God to lie, we who have fled for refuge might have strong encouragement to hold fast to the hope set before us. We have this as a sure and steadfast anchor of the soul, a hope that enters into the inner place behind the curtain, where Jesus has gone as a forerunner on our behalf, having become a high priest forever after the order of Melchizedek. 7
______________

1 Rom 5:5;
2 Isa 49:23;
3 Jer 17:7;
4 Isa 26:3,4;
5 Psa 62:5,6;
6 2 Tim 1:12;
7 Heb 6:17-20

No comments: