Thursday, January 20, 2011

The LORD's portion is his people

Bagster's Daily Light - January 20 - Evening

The LORD's portion is his people.

But the LORD's portion is his people, Jacob his allotted heritage. 1

and you are Christ's, and Christ is God's. 2

I am my beloved's, and his desire is for me. 3

My beloved is mine, and I am his; he grazes among the lilies. 4

For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 5

Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. 6

But the LORD has taken you and brought you out of the iron furnace, out of Egypt, to be a people of his own inheritance, as you are this day. 7

For we are God's fellow workers. You are God's field, God's building. 8

but Christ is faithful over God's house as a son. And we are his house if indeed we hold fast our confidence and our boasting in our hope. 9

you yourselves like living stones are being built up as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ. 10

"They shall be mine, says the LORD of hosts, in the day when I make up my treasured possession, and I will spare them as a man spares his son who serves him. 11

All mine are yours, and yours are mine, and I am glorified in them. 12

having the eyes of your hearts enlightened, that you may know what is the hope to which he has called you, what are the riches of his glorious inheritance in the saints, 13
______________

1 Deut 32:9;
2 1 Cor 3:23;
3 Song of Sol 7:10;
4 Song of Sol 2:16;
5 Gal 2:20;
6 1 Cor 6:19,20;
7 Deut 4:20;
8 1 Cor 3:9;
9 Heb 3:6;
10 1 Pet 2:5;
11 Mal 3:17;
12 John 17:10;
13 Eph 1:18

No comments: