Friday, January 21, 2011

Thy comforts delight my soul

Bagster's Daily Light - January 22 - Evening

... Thy comforts delight my soul.

When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul. 1

from the end of the earth I call to you when my heart is faint. Lead me to the rock that is higher than I, 2

Like a swallow or a crane I chirp; I moan like a dove. My eyes are weary with looking upward. O Lord, I am oppressed; be my pledge of safety! 3

Cast your burden on the LORD, and he will sustain you; he will never permit the righteous to be moved. 4

And now, O LORD my God, you have made your servant king in place of David my father, although I am but a little child. I do not know how to go out or come in. 5

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. 6

to one a fragrance from death to death, to the other a fragrance from life to life. Who is sufficient for these things? 7

For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. 8

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 9

And behold, some people brought to him a paralytic, lying on a bed. And when Jesus saw their faith, he said to the paralytic, "Take heart, my son; your sins are forgiven." Jesus turned, and seeing her he said, "Take heart, daughter; your faith has made you well." And instantly the woman was made well. 10

My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food, and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips, when I remember you upon my bed, and meditate on you in the watches of the night; 11
______________

1 Psa 94:19;
2 Psa 61:2;
3 Isa 38:14;
4 Psa 55:22;
5 1 Kings 3:7;
6 James 1:5;
7 2 Cor 2:16;
8 Rom 7:18;
9 2 Cor 12:9;
10 Matt 9:2,22;
11 Psa 63:5,6

No comments: