Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Spirit of adoption

Bagster's Daily Light - January 25 - Evening

The Spirit of adoption.


For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, "Abba! Father!" 1

When Jesus had spoken these words, he lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, "Father, the hour has come; glorify your Son that the Son may glorify you, And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one. O righteous Father, even though the world does not know you, I know you, and these know that you have sent me. 2

And he said, "Abba, Father, all things are possible for you. Remove this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will." 3

And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" 4

For through him we both have access in one Spirit to the Father. So then you are no longer strangers and aliens, but you are fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God, 5

For you are our Father, though Abraham does not know us, and Israel does not acknowledge us; you, O LORD, are our Father, our Redeemer from of old is your name. 6

I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, "Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants."' And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. 7

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. 8
______________

1 Rom 8:15;
2 John 17:1,11,25;
3 Mark 14:36;
4 Gal 4:6;
5 Eph 2:18,19;
6 Isa 63:16;
7 Luke 15:18-20;
8 Eph 5:1

No comments: