Sunday, January 16, 2011

Thou has in love to my soul delivered it

Bagster's Daily Light - January 17 - Morning

Thou has in love to my soul delivered it ...

Behold, it was for my welfare that I had great bitterness; but in love you have delivered my life from the pit of destruction, for you have cast all my sins behind your back. 1

In this the love of God was made manifest among us, that God sent his only Son into the world, so that we might live through him. In this is love, not that we have loved God but that he loved us and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 2

Who is a God like you, pardoning iniquity and passing over transgression for the remnant of his inheritance? He does not retain his anger forever, because he delights in steadfast love. He will again have compassion on us; he will tread our iniquities underfoot. You will cast all our sins into the depths of the sea. 3

O LORD my God, I cried to you for help, and you have healed me. O LORD, you have brought up my soul from Sheol; you restored me to life from among those who go down to the pit. 4

When my life was fainting away, I remembered the LORD, and my prayer came to you, into your holy temple. 5

To the choirmaster. A Psalm of David. I waited patiently for the LORD; he inclined to me and heard my cry. He drew me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry bog, and set my feet upon a rock, making my steps secure. 6
______________

1 Isa 38:17;
2 1 John 4:9,10;
3 Mic 7:18,19;
4 Psa 30:2,3;
5 Jonah 2:7;
6 Psa 40:1,2

No comments: