Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Father is greater than I

Bagster's Daily Light - January 14 - Morning

My Father is greater than I.

You heard me say to you, 'I am going away, and I will come to you.' If you loved me, you would have rejoiced, because I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. 1

And he said to them, "When you pray, say: "Father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. 2

Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father; but go to my brothers and say to them, 'I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'" 3

but I do as the Father has commanded me, so that the world may know that I love the Father. Rise, let us go from here. 4

Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. 5

The Father loves the Son and has given all things into his hand. 6

since you have given him authority over all flesh, to give eternal life to all whom you have given him. 7

Philip said to him, "Lord, show us the Father, and it is enough for us." Jesus said to him, "Have I been with you so long, and you still do not know me, Philip? Whoever has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority, but the Father who dwells in me does his works. 8

I and the Father are one." 9

As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 10
______________

1 John 14:28;
2 Luke 11:2;
3 John 20:17;
4 John 14:31;
5 John 14:10;
6 John 3:35;
7 John 17:2;
8 John 14:8-10;
9 John 10:30;
10 John 15:9,10

No comments: