Saturday, January 22, 2011

The offence of the cross

Bagster's Daily Light - January 23 - Evening

The offence of the cross.

But if I, brothers, still preach circumcision, why am I still being persecuted? In that case the offense of the cross has been removed. 1

Then Jesus told his disciples, "If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. 2

You adulterous people! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Therefore whoever wishes to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God. 3

strengthening the souls of the disciples, encouraging them to continue in the faith, and saying that through many tribulations we must enter the kingdom of God. 4

as it is written, "Behold, I am laying in Zion a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense; and whoever believes in him will not be put to shame." 5

So the honor is for you who believe, but for those who do not believe, "The stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone," and "A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense." They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do. 6

But far be it from me to boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. 7

For through the law I died to the law, so that I might live to God. 8

And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 9

if we endure, we will also reign with him; if we deny him, he also will deny us; 10
______________

1 Gal 5:11;
2 Matt 16:24;
3 James 4:4;
4 Acts 14:22;
5 Rom 9:33;
6 1 Pet 2:7,8;
7 Gal 6:14;
8 Gal 2:20;
9 Gal 5:24;
10 2 Tim 2:12

No comments: