Friday, January 21, 2011

Now we call the proud happy

Bagster's Daily Light - January 21 - Evening

Now we call the proud happy.

And now we call the arrogant blessed. Evildoers not only prosper but they put God to the test and they escape.'" 1

For thus says the One who is high and lifted up, who inhabits eternity, whose name is Holy: "I dwell in the high and holy place, and also with him who is of a contrite and lowly spirit, to revive the spirit of the lowly, and to revive the heart of the contrite. 2

It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. 3

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 4

There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him: haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, 5

Everyone who is arrogant in heart is an abomination to the LORD; be assured, he will not go unpunished. 6

Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any grievous way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting! 7

Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. I thank my God in all my remembrance of you, 8

"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. 9
______________

1 Mal 3:15;
2 Isa 57:15;
3 Prov 16:19;
4 Matt 5:3;
5 Prov 6:16,17;
6 Prov 16:5;
7 Psa 139:23,24;
8 Phil 1:2,3;
9 Matt 5:5

No comments: