Monday, January 31, 2011

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS

Bagster's Daily Light - February 1 - Evening

THE LORD OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS.

In his days Judah will be saved, and Israel will dwell securely. And this is the name by which he will be called: 'The LORD is our righteousness.' 1

We have all become like one who is unclean, and all our righteous deeds are like a polluted garment. We all fade like a leaf, and our iniquities, like the wind, take us away. 2

With the mighty deeds of the Lord GOD I will come; I will remind them of your righteousness, yours alone. 3

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God, for he has clothed me with the garments of salvation; he has covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decks himself like a priest with a beautiful headdress, and as a bride adorns herself with her jewels. 4

But the father said to his servants, 'Bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. 5

it was granted her to clothe herself with fine linen, bright and pure"-- for the fine linen is the righteous deeds of the saints. 6

Indeed, I count everything as loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord. For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ, the righteousness from God that depends on faith-- 7
______________

1 Jer 23:6;
2 Isa 64:6;
3 Psa 71:16;
4 Isa 61:10;
5 Luke 15:22;
6 Rev 19:8;
7 Phil 3:8,9

No comments: