Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Choose life

Bagster's Daily Light - January 27 - Evening

Choose life.

I call heaven and earth to witness against you today, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and curse. Therefore choose life, that you and your offspring may live, 1

For I have no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Lord GOD; so turn, and live." 2

If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not have been guilty of sin, but now they have no excuse for their sin. 3

And that servant who knew his master's will but did not get ready or act according to his will, will receive a severe beating. 4

For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. 5

Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life; whoever does not obey the Son shall not see life, but the wrath of God remains on him. 6

Do you not know that if you present yourselves to anyone as obedient slaves, you are slaves of the one whom you obey, either of sin, which leads to death, or of obedience, which leads to righteousness? 7

If anyone serves me, he must follow me; and where I am, there will my servant be also. If anyone serves me, the Father will honor him. 8
______________

1 Deut 30:19;
2 Ezek 18:32;
3 John 15:22;
4 Luke 12:47;
5 Rom 6:23;
6 John 3:36;
7 Rom 6:16;
8 John 12:26

No comments: