Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bear the yoke in his youth

Bagster's Daily Light - January 30 - Evening

Bear the yoke in his youth.

It is good for a man that he bear the yoke in his youth. 1

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. 2

Besides this, we have had earthly fathers who disciplined us and we respected them. Shall we not much more be subject to the Father of spirits and live? For they disciplined us for a short time as it seemed best to them, but he disciplines us for our good, that we may share his holiness. 3

Before I was afflicted I went astray, but now I keep your word. It is good for me that I was afflicted, that I might learn your statutes. 4

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. 5

Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, 6
______________

1 Lam 3:27;
2 Prov 22:6;
3 Heb 12:9,10;
4 Psa 119:67,71;
5 Jer 29:11;
6 1 Pet 5:6

No comments: