Sunday, January 9, 2011

One thing is needful

Bagster's Daily Light - January 9 - Evening

One thing is needful.

but one thing is necessary. Mary has chosen the good portion, which will not be taken away from her." 1

There are many who say, "Who will show us some good? Lift up the light of your face upon us, O LORD!" You have put more joy in my heart than they have when their grain and wine abound. 2
To the choirmaster. A Maskil of the Sons of Korah. As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God. My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When shall I come and appear before God? 3

A Psalm of David, when he was in the wilderness of Judah. O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you; my soul thirsts for you; my flesh faints for you, as in a dry and weary land where there is no water. 4

Jesus said to them, "I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. They said to him, "Sir, give us this bread always." 5

And she had a sister called Mary, who sat at the Lord's feet and listened to his teaching. 6

One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple. 7
______________

1 Luke 10:42;
2 Psa 4:6,7;
3 Psa 42:1,2;
4 Psa 63:1;
5 John 6:35,34;
6 Luke 10:39;
7 Psa 27:4

No comments: